Friday, August 19, 2011

Frustrated. Any advice?

I am twenty but often feel as if my body is falling apart. I suffer from migraines, TMJ, costochondritis, I have an arthritic left ankle, ulnar nerve entrapment, frequent lower back pain, fibroids, ovarian cysts and chronic rhinitis. My mother swears to god that she can see herself in me which is really scary as she has fibromyalgia but doctors keep saying it is not hereditary - I am holding on to that bit of hope for not but at any given time I am in some form of pain in so much that my friends endearingly call me fragile or some even more pointedly ask me upon greeting me 'what hurts today?' to which I generally say nothing. I try to put up a brave face because I know that nothing I have is life-threatening, and I don't want to be ungrateful but sometimes it is just sooo frustrating. At times I want to curl up in bed and cry because I just want to feel normal without all the pain and painkillers and doctors appointments. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do when I get so frustrated? Because right now if I don't get a smile back on ASAP I will have to confess to my roommates that I am in pain, and I do not want to ruin the fun - as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment