Thursday, August 18, 2011

Are Ivy Leagues even a possibility for me? Am I on the right path?

24 year old, married female. No kids ( ever, as I am more focused on my career rather than children). Dropped out of high school junior year, earned GED quickly with no prep; scored well. Was heavily involved in extracurricular activities. Had excellent grades all through HS. I do not consider myself overly smart, but bright in some areas. Have been working as steadily as possible since 2003 ( my husband was in the USAF, so that got in the way of my education and goals). Currently attending junior college as a double major ( pre-med and psychology). I know going to an Ivy League takes lots of planning and hardwork, which is why I am thinking about it now. I am considering the fact that I should volunteer a lot until I transfer to a state college, instead of working if possible ( or find a job in the medical/ psychological field). Then possibly start applying to Ivy Leagues maybe before finishing my Bachelors. I know they are very interested in numbers, so I am soon going to start taking prep cles for ACT and SAT. Is there even a possibility of me getting into an Ivy League ( I am very interested in the programs at Darmouth)? I have looked at the many transfer requirements and am trying my best to match them up with my current program and future program. Any advice for me? Should I become involved in extracurriculars in college? I am currently talking to an advisor, but thought I should also seek outside opinions. I am dedicated to my education and take it very seriously. Anyone with an Ivy League education would be especially helpful. All opinions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment